Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

HA HA HA! KNEEL BEFORE ME, MORTALS!

From my email inbox today:


Dear CowardlyAcademe,

Your prelim exam committee contacted me this morning regarding your
exam results, and I am very pleased to inform you that you have been given
the mark of PASS. You may celebrate this milestone without reservation.

Please let me extend my heartfelt congratulations.

Departmental Secretary


I would like to now encourage the universe at large to SUCK IT.


Prelims, it turns out, aren't really all that bad. I pretty much got my worst-case scenario question:
"Hey, CowardlyAcademe, remember that one essay by that one guy?"

"Well, I - wait. That obscure one? Where he talks about - well, I remember seeing this essay, there was something about dialogue in it, but if - um. No. No, I do not."

"Great, well, talk about how it relates to four different novels that span the course of the twentieth century."

". . . sure."

Apparently, the sort of fearlessness associated with weary resignation leads to AMAZING MAGICKAL POWERS OF BULLSHIT ZOMG.
Comments:
YAY!!!
 
Excellent news! I've decided that if I can not only pass prelims. but also be told that I did a good job, that they must not be so bad. And you are clearly more intelligent than I, so I new all would be well.

Congrats!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?