Monday, November 27, 2006

 

Oh, baby, no.

I sign up to teach the course, and I already know it's going to happen. I talk about texts involving race or sexuality, and damn . . . my students try so hard, but they're just . . . I mean, it's kind of adorable, because they don't even know they're being offensive.

"Audre Lorde wishes she weren't Black, because it's terrible."
(Did you capitalize "black" to disguise the fact that that was totally wrong?)

“The narrator of the Invisible Man wants to be judged by people just as they would judge someone of the opposite race.”
(And here I thought there were more than two races. My bad.)

“American women realized they had to choose between being frustrated housewives, or being successful but lonely and ugly.”
(I'm not sure if I should worry more or less because you're female.)

"He ‘hugs & kisses’ the U.S b/c he is proud that the U.S. is a free country & people are accepting of such things as gayism."
(I'm starting a new discipline: Gayism Studies! Who's with me?)

"The difference between regular poetry and Native American poetry is that I don't like Native American poetry."
(Shine on, you crazy diamond.)
Comments:
I've decided that I heart your blog, after running into it via your Fark profile. I might say things like this if I got my ass in gear and bothered to procrastinate more efficiently via the internet. Might I suggest another that you might enjoy (Not mine, actually, but one I frequent)? It's called "Left Behind at the Fishbowl" and includes delicious treats forgotten in UMich's (yay big 10!) undergraduate printer bins. http://www.ahfb.blogspot.com/ It also comes complete with snarky comments about the ridiculous things our students write. Delicious.
 
I would totally take Gayism Studies if you taught it. :P

Seriously, you're braver than I am, what with the teaching and all...
 
For some reason the rest of that "sentence" bothers me more than the use of the word gayism.
 
It looks like the wit quota has already been met, so I'll just write this:

Ur hot.


- Seuss
 
hey, quit reading, post more stories......
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?