Tuesday, June 12, 2007

 

And then I yell at my students for slacking off

Yes, it's true. In less than twelve hours I get in my car and drive a thousand miles to deliver a conference paper. (Well, technically I'm only driving eight hundred miles tomorrow and two hundred the next day, but still.) As of this moment, I have not yet:

* Packed

* Readied my car for this trip (shouldn't there be air in the tires?)

* Prepared my pets for my absence

* Acquired phone numbers for the places I'll be staying

* Finished the conference paper

About the only thing I've managed to do is buy a new shirt (four whole dollars!) to wear while delivering the paper that does not exist, and throw my printer into the back of my car so that I can print the paper at the fictional time in the future when it will be finished.

Bonus: my mother will be at said conference. Listening to the paper I haven't written about a topic I know very little about. Dammit, academia was supposed to be a haven for cowards, not an obstacle course for the poorly organized.
Comments:
I just finished my powerpoint slides! Of course, now the paper needs to be trimmed from 9 pages down to 7-8. Preferably 7. This will be painful.
 
jeRILderee.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?