Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

In which geekdom is revealed

The Cowardly Academe has recently discovered that it needs to find a new apartment at an inconvenient time of year, and has started haunting craigslist ads in order to find one. Also I have spent a lot of time curled up into a small ball, whimpering. Last night, I sent off a batch of emails to places that looked okay - some to live in by myself, some being offered by people with extra rooms.

One shared one I responded to because it made me laugh pretty hard - it was for a bedroom in a place where the respondent had to be understanding because the other people hosted D&D on Saturday afternoons. I sent an email to the anonymous poster, asking some questions about the place and explaining that I currently host a weekly RPG session myself. He responded a few hours later, a response I did not receive until this morning. At which point I stared with horror at his name and responded:

"Oh, shit, you asshole. I cannot live with you. You are a former student."
Comments:
Well, it might depend on whether he was a former good student or a former bad student ... but the weirdness factor would still be cranked.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?